REST APIs using SSO - Community Edition 6.2 GA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabya
Member II

REST APIs using SSO - Community Edition 6.2 GA

I'm trying to integrate Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 GA with our software through the Alfresco REST APIs. Our software platform already has its own Oauth2 identity provider, which I also want to use for authenticating with the Alfresco REST APIs.

A very basic use case that I am trying to get working is as follows: 

A user signs in into our system by authenticating with our own identity provider. Subsequently, the user is allowed to upload a file to our platform. I want the file to go to an Alfresco repository seamlessly, without the user having to do an explicit login to Alfresco. The upload itself I can do from my code with a call to an Alfresco node REST API endpoint. However, this requires a basic token authentication against users created in Alfresco, which would mean creating and maintaning separate Alfresco identities for each of our users in our system. 

I did see some documentation around SSO but they were for the Alfresco Process Services. Can someone point out to any relevant documentation on the authentication options for the content management REST APIs or provide some tips for the above scenario. 

4 Replies
arjunmony
Established Member

Re: REST APIs using SSO - Community Edition 6.2 GA

sufo
Established Member II

If you can set HTTP header, you can configure Alfresco to use external authentication and then you can call REST API as authenticated user (specified in the header).
https://docs.alfresco.com/community/concepts/auth-external-intro.html 

Rudresh-Nagaraj
Member II

Hi,

were you able to configure Alfresco to use external authentication server?
I have the same requirement could you please let me know the steps and which external authentication server you have used.

Thanks

steve_savini
Member II

Can you provide more detail on this?

Currently connecting to REST API via Basic Authorization using an INTERNAL Alfresco account we set up for that purpose. But, that's only single factor (ID/password). Looking for a way to leverage our EXTERNAL SSO (that we're using for ADW and Share access) to also allow 2FA when connecting to REST API.