Restrict .exe files to upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akash251998
Established Member II

Restrict .exe files to upload

As my requirement is to restrict .exe files to upload as these .exe files can harm the dms. I have used the addon from the link:

https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-mimetype-blocker but it is not working for me.

So is there any other way to do this restriction.

Regards

Akash D

4 Replies
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Re: Restrict .exe files to upload

Hi,

You can create Custom rule with Execute script and write your logic to to check extension and if it match then throw error.

akash251998
Established Member II

I have created a custom rule like :

function main()
{
  var name = document.name;
  var siteName = document.siteShortName;
  var parent = document.parent;

if (ext === 'pdf' || ext === 'zip' || ext === 'doc' || ext === 'exe')
     throw "Unsupported file format.are not supported at this time. File name:  " + name + ", Site Name: "  + siteName;

}

main();

And it is perfectly working for pdf,zip,doc but not for exe. What is incorrect in my logic. If there is any other login please tell me.
Regards
Akash

llavu

@akash251998 are you able to find the solution to restrict uploading .exe? I am also going through similar requirement. 

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

The add-on should work, try adding following property in alfresco-global.properties file:

mimetypes.restricted.expression=application/x-dosexec|application/octet-stream|application/x-sh

To block the content uploads, first create a folder and apply the aspect named "Mime Type Restrictable" on the folder.

All content uploads with .exe extension (application/x-dosexec) should get blocked.   

In case if it doesn't work, try the enhanced version available here: https://github.com/abhinavmishra14/alfresco-mimetype-blocker/blob/sdk4.1.0/README.md

I have converted the project to make it work for ACS6.x as well.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)