cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwali
Established Member

Restrict the people finder search to within site

I am using Alfresco Community 5.0.d.

Currently when a userA who is not a member of any site, search's for any member in people finder then result comes up combined from all sites members (siteA + siteB) and when userA is member of siteA then on people finder search result pop's up combined of siteA + siteB.

How to restrict the search to within site member's only? i.e., when userA who is member of siteA search using people finder then result should come from siteA only and not from all.

Thanks

5 Replies
idwright

Re: Restrict the people finder search to within site

See the answers to this question: Hide users to members - it's more or less the same, certainly it's what my solution does.

nwali
Established Member

‌ I am new to Alfresco and comments provided in that post is more like a overview to solution. I am looking for some narrow down steps or modification need.

thanks

idwright

OK - I'll just repeat that it's not easy.

The github project referenced does do what you're after, but it wasn't designed to be shared and does some other restrictive stuff as well.

You're welcome to use my code as a basis for your own solution but you'd want to strip it down further and test it thoroughly in your environment.

afaust
Master

Ian Wright‌ Just for your information: Douglas C. R. Paes‌ already brought up your GitHub repository / customisation in this previous question the same topic by the same user.

jpotts
Professional