Retention Actions and multiple folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrig
Member II

Retention Actions and multiple folders

Hi - I run Alfresco RM 2.5.3, and I have a question about how retention schedules apply to records beneath them.

I have a retention schedule defined on a particular Record Category (cutoff after 7 days or when Case is Closed, destroy after 7 years or when No Longer Needed, applied to Records).

In that Record Category, I have a Record Folder, with records in it: the retention schedule seems to work well - once the record is completed, the Case Closed event appears, and I can cut off the record.

However, if create a new Record Category (under that Record Category with the retention schedule), and then add a Record Folder into that new Record Category, then the retention schedule does not seem to work on the records. 

The reason I need to add that "intermediate" Record Category is that I am modelling a Physical box with Physical files in it, and Record Folders can only contain records, and not other folders.

How can I make the Retention Schedule work on all records underneath that Record Category?

Thank you in advance for any hint or help!

2 Replies
jljwoznica

Re: Retention Actions and multiple folders

What version of the repository are you using?  Also - did you ever try to create a retention schedule on the category that isn't working?  It may be looking for a blank schedule.

jljwoznica

Re: Retention Actions and multiple folders

Did you add the record folder within the 'intermediate' cateogry BEFORE setting up the retention schedule so that it only shows "for Folder". If so, delete the record folder, create the retention schedule for records and then recreate the folder. See if that helps.