RM 2.7.a amp files installed successfully but does not appear in the model browser

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitc
Member II

RM 2.7.a amp files installed successfully but does not appear in the model browser

Hi,

I got 2 amp files for Records Management 2.7.a those are 

alfresco-rm-community-repo-2.7.a.amp & alfresco-rm-community-share-2.7.a.amp respectively.

Now I’ve installed both the amp files in our alfresco community 6.0 environment but after restart of alfresco content services server I could see it inside module browser.

14 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: RM 2.7.a amp files installed successfully but does not appear in the model browser

Depending on how Alfresco Share extensions are built, they may not show up in the module browser at all. As far as I know, they need to contain a special manifest file to actually show up, and 2.7 may simply be too old for that. The current version is 3.x, as far as I know. You should probably use that for your 6.x environment.

amitc
Member II

Re: RM 2.7.a amp files installed successfully but does not appear in the model browser

Thanks Faust, I'm also not able to find <configRoot>/classes/alfresco/module/org_alfresco_module_rm/alfresco-global.properties file as well.

afaust
Master

You mean this file? That file is part of the source project and will be packaged inside the JAR of RM, so you will not find it as a plain file anywhere in Alfresco after installing RM.

amitc
Member II

Hi Axel,

As instructed I searched for the RM 3.x amps in net but without luck, then I referred the link and installed RM community 2.7.a and also tried with 2.7.b amps.Both the cases installation was pretty smooth but after installation can't login to alfresco share. In the login screen I'm getting the message:-

In the catalina.out log getting the message:-

15:31:13,806 WARN [org.alfresco.wcm.client.util.impl.GuestSessionFactoryImpl] WQS unable to connect to repository: Not Found
2019-07-02 15:31:15,020 ERROR [solr.tracker.AbstractTracker] [org.alfresco.solr.AlfrescoCoreAdminHandler@ba6657e_Worker-39] Tracking failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 06020259 api/solr/aclchangesets return status:404

2019-07-02 15:31:00,071 ERROR [solr.tracker.AbstractTracker] [org.alfresco.solr.AlfrescoCoreAdminHandler@ba6657e_Worker-2] Model tracking failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 06020257 archive GetModelsDiff return status is 404

Appreciate your kind help on this as I'm pretty confused how to go ahead.

afaust
Master

Please provide the full alfresco.log, not just the last couple of messages. Your Alfresco Repository did not start up, that is why SOLR is complaining about 404 errors. Only from the full alfresco.log will we see what is the problem.

amitc
Member II

Hi Axel,

PFA Alfresco log

amitc
Member II

Hi Axel,

There has been a new update from RM front. I've uninstalled alfresco-rm-community-repo-2.7.a.amp from alfresco.war but alfresco-rm-community-share-2.7.a.amp remain installed in share.war. After un-installation I can successfully log into Alfresco share and can see Alfresco RM Share extension in the module browser but while RM site creation I'm getting error.

Thanks for your insight.

amitc
Member II

Hi Axel,

Any update on the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

afaust
Master

Of course you get an error when you don't have the RM Repository extension installed. 

And as for the issue whenthe extension was installed, it is pretty obvious from the log that RM 2.7 simply is not compatible with the base version of Alfresco that you are running.

2019-07-02 15:17:45,516 ERROR [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] [localhost-startStop-1] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'nodesModelFactory' defined in class path resource [alfresco/module/org_alfresco_module_rm/rm-public-rest-context.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/social/InternalServerErrorException

This error states that during the iniitialisation of some "RM" component (notice the "rm" fragment in the path / file name), some Java class could not be found. Since this is a non-Alfresco class, it has to come from some of the dependencies bundled by Alfresco base/RM. It is safe to assume that RM expects this class to be available in Alfresco base, and it was - in an earlier version of Alfresco.

This brings us back to my first comment / response: The RM 2.7 version is simply too old to be run on your Alfresco environment. You need RM 3.x.