Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaffi
Partner

Run Alfresco and Share Community (5.X) on different servers

Jump to solution

Hi folks!

The customer is using a DMZ in his network architecture. At the moment, Alfresco and Share is running on the same server within the DMZ.

The customer is asking if it is possible to run Alfresco and Share on two different servers? One of my colleagues told me that there are problems in the community version. Is this correct? Do somebody have experiance?

Regards

Kaffi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Run Alfresco and Share Community (5.X) on different servers

Jump to solution

Running Share and the Repository in separate Tomcat instances is a common best practice, and you can run them also on separate servers. I don't know what your colleague has told you with regards of problems - I have never encountered any and all my customer installations are always running with separate instances. Of course if you are using badly developed 3rd-party extensions / addons that rely on Repository and Share being deployed on the same server, you could have issues, but to be honest, such extensions / addons should be avoided / kicked to the curb as being "unprofessional".

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Running Share and the Repository in separate Tomcat instances is a common best practice, and you can run them also on separate servers. I don't know what your colleague has told you with regards of problems - I have never encountered any and all my customer installations are always running with separate instances. Of course if you are using badly developed 3rd-party extensions / addons that rely on Repository and Share being deployed on the same server, you could have issues, but to be honest, such extensions / addons should be avoided / kicked to the curb as being "unprofessional".

kaffi
Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Axel

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Kaffi