cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldavidmena
Customer

SAML support for Alfresco 4.2.6

Jump to solution

Greetings from Cape Cod! I am trying to migrate an existing ACS 4.2.6 installation to new hardware. In its existing incarnation, authentication is being accomplished via LDAP (specifically Fedora Directory Services), but we are exploring the possibility of using a SAML solution like Shibboleth instead. Is this supported in ACS 4.2.6 itself? Our alternative would be to put Alfresco behind an Apache or NGINX proxy server, but if we don't need to do take that step, that would be even better.

Thank you in advance,

Paul Mena

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: SAML support for Alfresco 4.2.6

Jump to solution

Alfresco does not have SAML support out-of-the-box. For Alfresco Enterprise - which you seem to be using based off the version number you specified - there exists a SAML addon module, but I don't know whether that existed for the 4.2 version (which is quite old and has been out of support for a while now). You would have to check Alfresco Support, assuming you still have an active license / support contract.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Alfresco does not have SAML support out-of-the-box. For Alfresco Enterprise - which you seem to be using based off the version number you specified - there exists a SAML addon module, but I don't know whether that existed for the 4.2 version (which is quite old and has been out of support for a while now). You would have to check Alfresco Support, assuming you still have an active license / support contract.

pauldavidmena
Customer

Jump to solution

I have a quick follow-up question: does Alfresco require an external service (e.g. LDAP, SAML, OAuth2, etc.) for authentication? Is there no ability to maintain a list of users and roles locally?