Schema auto-update failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Member

Schema auto-update failed

Hello

I recently installed alfresco Community Edition 5.1.g with the installer and the moved files and configured everything to another preinstalled Tomcat instance (instead of the one embedded in the installer). I also replaced the alfresco.war and share.war by customized ones and the started Tomcat for the first time.

The error appears. I also tried to drop and create the database again, clear alf_data, indexes, temp, work directories and restarted the preinstalled Tomcat instance. The same error always appears.

- The DBMS is PostgreSQL 9.4.6

- There is no table in the database. So the table alf_bootstrap_lock does not exist.

- The database user has all privileges

- In alfresco-global.properties, the following properties are set as :

db.schema.update=true
db.schema.update.lockRetryCount=24
db.schema.update.lockRetryWaitSeconds=5

I don't understand since everything seems to be OK (no table in the database !) to force the schema update.

Do you know what I missed ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Putchhat SRUN

---

.app.ContextLoaderListener
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 06210001 Schema auto-update failed

...

Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 06210000 A previous schema upgrade failed or was not completed.  Revert to the original database before attempting the upgrade again.
        at org.alfresco.repo.domain.schema.SchemaBootstrap.onBootstrap(SchemaBootstrap.java:1716)
        ... 23 more

2 Replies
Highlighted
Active Member

Re: Schema auto-update failed

I just solved the problem : I had to definine public as the default schema for the database user used by alfresco to connect to the database :

ALTER USER @@LOGIN_BDD@@ SET search_path=public;

Sorry. I looked for the solution all the day before creating the thread but found it 1 hour after the creation.

Hope that can help other people.

Putchhat SRUN

Highlighted
Member II

Re: Schema auto-update failed

Hi,

I also had the same problem with a MySQL DB. I've solved it by defining the alfresco schema/database as the default one.

Silvio