SDK 3.0 and Alfresco 6+, do we have a date ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renogarfield
Member II

SDK 3.0 and Alfresco 6+, do we have a date ?

Hello,

With the Alfresco Communauty release 201711 and futur 201802 there is as an issue incompatibility with SDK, the texte said :

Known Issues

• The Alfresco SDK is not yet compatible with the this release.

do someone have an (even really aproximative) idea of when it can be issued ? do we speak days, month, years ? i didn't find any info, juste 'next realease'.

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: SDK 3.0 and Alfresco 6+, do we have a date ?

Since there is currently no one (that I know of) at Alfresco whose primary responsibility (or one of them) is the management of the SDK as a project, there is no guess or official target date. Heck, there isn't even any specific target date for Alfresco 6 yet (talking about the GA or Enterprise releases). Maybe Ole Hejlskov‌ can give some input - as far as I remember, he mentioned something with regards to the SDK at DevCon 2018 but since I don't use it I either did not really listen to that segment or just did not file that anywhere easily accessible in my memories...

renogarfield
Member II

okay, thank for the quick response and contact.

willemdrew
Member II

Does this mean the sdk is not used by the Alfresco team themselves to code their own product?

Alfresco 6 is out now. Any ETA on when we can customize using the SDK for Alfresco Enterprise?

afaust
Master

Since the SDK is focused on building extensions, the Alfresco team for the core product has never been using the SDK to build those parts of the product. Only the teams working on addon products, like Governance Services and such, (may) have been using SDK before, though from what I hear that is also quite limited. This blog post seems to be an indication that when Alfresco teams do use SDK, they are (still) using an older version than SDK 3. As Angel Borroyhas posted, it is possible to continue using SDK 3 even for Alfresco 6.0 with only a few changes.

s_palyukh
Established Member

We have developed own SDK that allows developing extensions for Dockerized Alfresco. Hot reload of resources, deploy directly to Docker container, etc. Hope it will be useful for the community -

https://flex-solution.com/page/blog/alfresco-docker-sdk