Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anakin59490
Established Member II

SDK 3 : how to see log ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

console.log("test") command  works fine in share-jar javascript file : i can see message in chrome console

But it doesn't work in platform-jar javascript file...

How can i use it ?

Can i retrieve message in chrome console or eclipse console ?

Thx

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
anakin59490
Established Member II

Re: SDK 3 : how to see log ?

Jump to solution
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Add following log config in your log4j file and restart. 

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.jscript.ScriptLogger=debug

Or [Enterprise version only] go to Admin console > Support Tools > Log setting and add the above log config. It will start printing the logs immediately without restart. Note, these changes doesn't persist. All settings will go back to original after a server restart. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)

View solution in original post

umme
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you!! @abhinavmishra14 , I am able to see javascript .get.js file logs in console.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
anakin59490
Established Member II

Jump to solution

I tried logger.debug("tests") and logger.log("tests")  without succes...I can see anything in chrome console or eclipse console

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

It seems that , the script in on repository side in which you want to use console.log is repository server side script.So in that console.log will not work.

If the file name is ending with .get.js, in that case its a server side script and console.log will not work in that.In that case you need to use logger.log.This logs will be displayed in server console and not in browser console.

anakin59490
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Found it :  

umme
Member II

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am looking to open or see alfresco server console where we could see .get.js file logs. Can you please let me know how can i see thoses logs?

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Add following log config in your log4j file and restart. 

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.jscript.ScriptLogger=debug

Or [Enterprise version only] go to Admin console > Support Tools > Log setting and add the above log config. It will start printing the logs immediately without restart. Note, these changes doesn't persist. All settings will go back to original after a server restart. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
umme
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you!! @abhinavmishra14 , I am able to see javascript .get.js file logs in console.