cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yash_patel_c2
Established Member

Search button in workflow task form

Hi everyone,

I want to add one button in workflow task form which will search the values for form field from datalist. Basically, I want to maintain one datalist which will have employee details (employee id, employee name, email, etc), I have one property keynumber (value will be same as employee id) as a metadata of the document on which workflow will be triggered. I want to add one button "Search" which will search the employee details from the datalist based on keynumber. How can I achieve thsi?

Thanks & Regards,

Yash

3 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Search button in workflow task form

You need to make a custom .ftl which will be used in share-config-custom.xml by one of the properties which you want to provide the search upon. In that custom .ftl file, you will fetch the list of documents of the specific document type and filter the required properties on ajax call.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
yash_patel_c2
Established Member

Thank you Kintubhai for the reply. Can you please give more insights on this or any reference available?

kintu_barot

Write one webscript which will fetch the employee details from the datalist may be in json format. Call that webscript in your custom ftl file using javascript. Now you have to make the necessary changes like(parsing the json and populating the values from json) in ftl file in order to provide the search on textfield/dropdown based on the employee id entered by the user.

I hope, you will be more clear with this.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu