Search by Multiple Custom Content Types in Alfresco Advanced Search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riyasoni42

Search by Multiple Custom Content Types in Alfresco Advanced Search

Hi,

I have 3 custom types in my custom content model.

1. Main Contract
2. Addendums
3. Probate

I have similar custom properties in Main Contract and Addendums. (Common Mandatory Aspect)

One of that is Edition,  which is there in both the custom types Main Contract and Addendums.

I have uploaded two documents in which,
one is having Main Contract custom type and
other is having Addendums custom type.

And I have given same value in custom property named Edition in both the documents.

But, now in Alfresco Advanced Search Screen , I have selected type as Main Cotract and entered that value in Edition property.
So now I need the documents from both the Custom types(Main Contract and Addendums), which I am not able to get out of the box.

Is there any way to do so?
Is it possible to select multiple custom type from Advance Search Screen  or any other for the same?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Search by Multiple Custom Content Types in Alfresco Advanced Search

The advanced search does not support searching by multiple types. This is a perfect use case for using a generic base content type that all your special content types extend from, and then using that generic base content type for your advanced search form.

riyasoni42

Re: Search by Multiple Custom Content Types in Alfresco Advanced Search

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, out of the box search is not providing search by multiple custom content types. But if we want to do it  in other way like we can put multi select drop down for selecting Multiple custom content types having same number of custom properties in alfresco advance search screen.

So, is there any way to do like this ?

Anyone having any hint for the same or any code(like js or ftl) for the same ?

Thanks in advance.