Search for Documents using a specific property

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohsenH
Member II

Search for Documents using a specific property

Good Day, everyone, I have an issue I am new to alfresco and I want to delete a property from Aspect but this aspect is already linked to a lot of documents so I read that I have to delete all the documents first.

So I have two questions about how to search for a document into a repository based on a specific property, I tried to use this syntax (ASPECT: "ECM: claim") but this syntax returns all the documents linked to this aspect I need the syntax for how to search by property only.

I found another way that says  "If the property has been used on a node (including in the version history or content in the archive store), then the property cannot be deleted. An administrator should create a new aspect containing only the desired properties and then create a switch to add it to all content using the old aspect and remove the existing one.

If anyone knows more about this method I will be very grateful and many thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

2 Replies
sufo
Established Member II

Re: Search for Documents using a specific property

Regarding property search, you can try this:

ISNOTNULL:'property-qname'

MohsenH
Member II

Re: Search for Documents using a specific property

Thank you so much for solving the property search can anyone help me with a document for switch method