cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djarty
Active Member II

Search in property for custom Model types

Hello!

Using Alfresco Community Edition 201707.

Looks like no Search in property for custom Model types.

Is it really? What for settings about seachable mode if no results from search field, from advansed seach field.

How to check what exacly Solr(?) indexing and reconfigure if need?

Search file name, search in OCRed PDF text, but not search in docs Model property.

11 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Search in property for custom Model types

It would be good to know / understand how you did try to search. Your question is not really clear for me... Custom model types and properties can be searched just as any other. You may be missing the ability to define an Advanced Search form in the "Content Model Manager" tool, which is an oversight in the design / specification, but a custom Advanced Search form can be provided for any type via the share-config-custom.xml configuration file. You can also always search for custom properties / types by employing FTS query language constructs in the quick search / search terms input, i.e. TYPE:"my:type" will query for all nodes / documents where the custom type "my:type" has been set, or mySmiley Tonguerop:"XYZ" will query for nodes / documents where the property "mySmiley Tonguerop" is set to the value "XYZ".

djarty
Active Member II

My fault, not so many info. May be later make more info.

Just now I trying mySmiley Tonguerop:"XYZ"  scheme and got good result - find docs. But if try to search simple "XYZ" or XYZ - got nothing.  Need simple search mode (without pointing to custom properties) ...

Just in theory:  maybe Namespace URI (then creating new Model) make some affect for this search process? Not clear what exactly this mean.

afaust
Master

The simple search for XYZ relies on a query template that automatically does an OR-joined query across multiple properties, but does not - by default - expand across ALL properties. You can configure the query template that is being used by overriding a web script configuration search.get.config.xml via the extension path.

djarty
Active Member II

Screen Added.

Default and enhansed search can find 555 ,  666,  Test, text 

But can`t find properties added by change doc type - select new model e.g. "my".

Not find 1111, 2222, Findme etc.

But if try something like my:NumberIntBas:1111   - ok find,  its even make preview in defsearch.

Its strange - not default search via user Model Properties. Dont have any webui settings for change this - only edit uderground engine ...search...xml file?

Nobody was typing something like my:NumberTxtFree:3333 for finding 3333 number.

afaust
Master

Oh - that search in the details page. That is only for document content, not any of the metadata. It is a feature of the PDF.js document previewer.

The upper-right quick search on the other hand is an actual Alfresco search one, which does not search for custom fields by default but can be made to do that via the selector syntax I mentioned. That search is also not configured via search.get.config.xml. Since this feature is called "Live Search", it is configured via the live-search-docs.get.config.xml

djarty
Active Member II

Thank you, but can`t find both ...config.xml  in Community Edition 201707

afaust
Master

They are contained in a JAR file called alfresco-share-services. That file is not supposed to be modified directly, instead you should override the config file by using the alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts base path.

djarty
Active Member II

Thank you! Got the result, but make it in bad way - just directly change ..config.xml 's in JAR file.  

May be exists docs about correct overriding configs like this? ( bacause cant find base path alfresco/extension/templates/webscripts for this too :о)  )

Anyway I think must be more easy way to make config search engine for searching custom user models properties.

afaust
Master

The extension path override approach is included in the documentation. Look for "Deployment - App Server"