cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pingroy
Member II

Search Results Panel comes up empty when searching in Repository

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my Faceted Search From the repository function, where the Main Search Results comes up empty.

However, the Search results title says that I have Results Found. (Refer to the Picture for more information)

Predictive search comes up with results

Main Search comes up empty. However search titles says there is a match

Below are the logs to help with troubleshooting :

Error Logs - Pastebin.com 

From the logs towards the end, there is :

search.lib.js: Skipping node due to exception when processing query result: TypeError: Cannot set property "highlighting" of null to

Not sure if that is the cause for the search to not show?

Anyone able to help or come across this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roy

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Search Results Panel comes up empty when searching in Repository

Yes, that warning message is the reason you are not seeing any results. During result processing, a piece of logic fails and as a result all individual results cannot be rendered as JSON for the UI to process.

Now it would be great to know which 5.2 Community Edition release you are using (latest GA vs. some earlier GA/EA) whether you applied some other customisations apart from the Google Docs module, AOS module and built-in trashcan cleaner. Looking at the latest 5.2 code for search.lib.js I cannot see how that error regarding hightlighting could even be caused in the first place without some modification to the default code...

pingroy
Member II

Re: Search Results Panel comes up empty when searching in Repository

Thank Axel for the input.

No customization was done, only some theme customizations. Additionally, we tried to install another new instance on the same server on a different port (2 alfresco instance running both different port). The new instance have the same issue as well.

With the same installer file on a new server, the search works fine. Are there any potential component Java or environment path or perhaps ACL that is affecting this? 

We are running it on a Windows 2012 R2 server

FYI we are using version :

Alfresco Share v5.2.f
(r137983-b22, Aikau 1.0.101.10, Spring Surf 5.2.f, Spring WebScripts 6.15, Freemarker 2.3.20-alfresco-patched, Rhino 1.7R4-alfresco-patched, Yui 2.9.0-alfresco-20141223)

Alfresco Community v5.2.0
(re21f2be5-b22) schema 10057

Any input or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.