Search Services 1.4.0 Release

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Search Services 1.4.0 Release

Alfresco Search Services 1.4.0 has been released.

The ZIP Distribution file can be downloaded from Downloads or it can be found in Nexus Alfresco Maven Repository:

https://nexus.alfresco.com/nexus/service/local/repo_groups/public/content/org/alfresco/alfresco-sear...

If you are using Docker, you can get the new Image by typing:

docker pull alfresco/alfresco-search-services:1.4.0

Alfresco Insight Engine 1.4.0 has been also released. Note that previous release for Insight Engine was 1.1.x, so we have changed the naming to follow the same schema used in Search Services. Insight Engine and Insight Engine Zeppelin artifacts can be downloaded from Nexus and Quay.io using Enterprise credentials.

New Features

• Query Improvements
    • Generic queries (like "query":"dog*") now search in following fields: cm:name, cm:title, cm:description, cm:content
    • Path queries cascading fix when changing parent "folder" name (like "/app:company_home/st:sites/cm:cas/cm:documentLibrary/cm:folder/*")
    • Enhanced star fied selection for JDBC (like select * from alfresco)
  • Security
    • ACS and Search Services are now preconfigured with Mutual TLS Authentication
    • New environment variable ALFRESCO_SECURE_COMMS has been added to Docker Image configuration
    • New tool to generate truststores and keystores available at Alfresco SSL Generator
  • Sharding (only available in Enterprise)
    • EXPLICIT_ID shard method accepts numeric properties (additionally to text properties) and includes some validations on the repository part to check that the configuration is valid
    • Alfresco Web Console for Sharding includes additional configuration for Shard Instances: Shard Method, Shard Properties and Mode (MASTER / SLAVE)
  • Codebase Restructure
    • Search Services 1.4.0
    • Insight Engine 1.4.0
    • Insight JDBC 1.4.0
    • Insight Zeppelin 1.4.0
    • ODBC and JDBC Drivers (from CDATA)
  • Yeoman based Generators for testing and evaluating
    • Alfresco Docker Compose for internal testing
      • ACS 6.1 & 6.2 (EA)
      • AGS 3.1
      • Community and Enterprise
      • Custom models deployment
      • HTTP and mTLS
      • SOLR Replication
      • SOLR Sharding: DB_ID, DB_ID_RANGE, ACL_ID, DATE, PROPERTY, LRIS, EXPLICIT_ID
    • Alfresco Docker Installer for Community evaluation
      • ACS 6.1 & 6.2 (EA)
      • Community
      • HTTP and HTTPs (not mTLS)
      • Persistent volumes
      • Addons deployment
      • SMTP, LDAP and OCR support

Third Party Product Versions

• Solr 6.6.5 (as for previous SS/IE)
  • Zeppelin upgrade to 0.8.1 for Java 11 compatibility

Compatibility

Search Services 1.4.0 works with ACS 6.0, 6.1, 6.2*

Insight Engine 1.4.0 works with ACS 6.0, 6.1, 6.2* and AGS 3.0.2, 3.1.1*, 3.2*

Details

• MNT-18693: fts-alfresco search returns files where cm:creator (d:text) isn't exact matches when username ended with numeric character
  • MNT-19456: After renaming a parent folder, children are not found using PATH query
  • MNT-20449: Full-text fingerprint does not work after document updated or aspect added / removed
  • MNT-20179: Inconsistent acl changeset value appearing on the admin summary page
  • SEARCH-1359: Range queries are broken for non tokenized fields
  • SEARCH-1445: Search with the filename (exact or with wild cards) returns no results
  • SEARCH-1490: Cascading updates do not work in a sharded environment
  • SEARCH-1519: Rename causes content to be available on multiple shards
  • SEARCH-1744: shard.method is case sensitive
  • SEARCH-1746: Int, Long property types are not supported for Explicit ID Sharding although shard instances are numeric
  • SEARCH-1716: Search services 1.4 returns system user content unlike prior versions
  • SEARCH-1748: Duplicate jars on classpath
  • SEARCH-1750: Content count in the replica does not match the original node
  • SEARCH-1798: Content not indexed when a non active property is used as shard.key for Explicit ID sharding
  • SEARCH-1799: Content not indexed after activating the model, until Solr node is restarted
Hyland Developer Evangelist
5 Replies
hfh
Member II

Re: Search Services 1.4.0 Release

Hi Im currently using the 1.3.0-RC2 Image.

After upgrading to the new version with docker and running docker-compose up -d, i got the following message:

Error CREATEing SolrCore 'alfresco': Unable to create core [alfresco] Caused by: /opt/alfresco-search-services/data/alfresco/index/write.lock

Do I need a full reindex if i want to upgrade?
Im using Volumes in Docker to persist the data.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

It looks like a permission problem with the folder for the SOLR volumes.

Can you try to use 1.3.0-RC2 with your Docker Compose template to be sure that this is the problem?

Note that SOLR Docker Image is executed by a user solr, that might be UID 1000 in your local host. So you need to grant permissions for this user in your local host when mounting the volume.

hfh
Member II

Sorry i forgot to write that reverting to 1.3.0-RC2 fixes the problem.

Ive been using the same user for creating the volumes as well as for running the other docker commands like pull or docker-compose up -d --build

I've read in one of your templates the solr permissions need some tweaks, but it worked for me out of the box with 1.3.0-RC2.

I even deleted the the write.lock myself from the persisted data, but the error was thrown anyway.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Did you try to optimize the SOLR core before upgrading? Hopefully this will fix the locking issue.

hfh
Member II

just tried it, unfortunately its not working either