searching problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne88to
Member II

searching problem

We are using Alfresco Community Edition 5.0.d., the Alfresco hangs after we have searching records through the "Administrator Dashboard" http://10.24.0.45:8080/share/page/.

Anyone can any idea to solve this problem?

6 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: searching problem

Is there anything more you can tell us? What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem? Have you looked in the logs? Anything helpful in there? Without more info there is nothing more we can do for you.

wayne88to
Member II

Hi Jeff, 

Many thanks for your reply.

Here is more information.

RAM: 16 GB

Alfresco Community Edition 5.0.d

After we have preformed several searching of existing records (around 20 times) using the Administrator Dashboard as below, then the system hangs up.

As I checked the log, I found the following "Warning" messages before hanging up.

Then, I have to restart the system (the physical server), then it will be back to normal.

However, if I perform several searchings again (around 20 times), then it hangs up again.

So it is strange...

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

jpotts
Professional

Weird, the search shouldn't be causing the transactional cache to fill up. Do you have someone or something that is uploading a bunch of content?

wayne88to
Member II

Hi Jeff,

Yes, we do upload about 300 pdf files (about 3MB each) every night (around 10pm).

However, the upload has been completed successfully every night; on the other hand, once we use the "Dashboard" for searching records (only searching) during daytime, the system hangs.

Moreover, we seldom use the "Dashboard"; we use it only 2 or 3 times a month whenever we want to verify the data.

According to the log, it seems to me that the transaction update cache has been filled up, may I know how to prevent the cache being "free up"? Such as by changing the cache settings? We already have a 16GB ram....

Many thanks again in advance.

jpotts
Professional

300 files is a tiny upload. Do you have many rules that are configured on the folders the PDFs are being uploaded to? I'm trying to understand how you are filling up the transactional cache with such a small upload.

rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

Hi,

Can you try full re-indexing? for doing this follow this link Performing a full reindex with Solr | Alfresco Documentation 

and once re-indexing is done then check.

Regards,

Rupesh

EnProwess : Portal | Liferay | ECM | Alfresco | Mobile