cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wassim96
Member II

send email notification not working when i start a workflow

hello , 

We have configured Alfresco to send email notifications when workflows are triggered; however, we are encountering difficulties with sending emails via our SMTP server Office 365 (smtp.office365.com).

The problem we are facing is as follows: when we attempt to trigger a workflow, we receive an error indicating that the email sending is blocked. The specific error we are encountering is: "failed message: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 544 5.2.252 sedasdenied".

We have checked the SMTP configuration in Alfresco and have used the recommended settings for SMTP Office 365. Despite this, the issue persists.

We have also verified the permissions of the email address used for sending notifications, as well as the Alfresco logs for additional information on the error, but we have been unable to resolve the problem.

Thank you in advance for your valuable assistance

1 Reply
katherine561
Member II

Re: send email notification not working when i start a workflow

You're facing difficulties with Alfresco sending email notifications through your Office 365 SMTP server. The error "com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 544 5.2.252 sedasdenied" suggests a potential access or permissions issue. Ensure your Alfresco SMTP settings match Office 365 recommendations, verify email address permissions, check Office 365 settings for external applications, whitelist Alfresco's IP address, and review Alfresco logs for detailed error information. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Alfresco or Office 365 support for further assistance.