Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

setting up alfresco 5.2.3 manualy

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to setup my local alfresco instance (5.2.3 version) manually on my windows machine. 

I have downloaded tomcat and made changes as per the link below.

Installing the Tomcat application server | Alfresco Documentation 

I have also downloaded alfresco 5.2.3 distribution and I have made changes to the files as outlined in the link below. I have then copied the files in webapps, lib and conf folders from alfresco distribution's web-server to tomcat's respective folders as outlined in the link.

Installing the Alfresco WARs | Alfresco Documentation 

1. What is not clear to me is what is the purpose of the below folders in alfresco-content-services-distribution-5.2.3 folder. Do I need to copy the files in the below folder to any place within tomcat?

1. alf_data 

2. bin 

3. amps 

4. solr4 

Tomcat has the webapps, conf and libraries from alfresco that I have copied and pasted into respective folder. Do I need to modify an files in the above folder for the initial bare bones setup of alfresco?

2. I tried following the above two links to startup my alfresco instance on tomcat but I get the error that keystore is missing. Please can you advise what could be the issue? Do I need to place the keystore in the alf_data folder anywhere?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Re: setting up alfresco 5.2.3 manualy

Jump to solution

Yes , That is right.

Thanks!

Alfresco Content Services Certified Engineer (ACSCE)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Please find the anwers inline:

1. What is not clear to me is what is the purpose of the below folders in alfresco-content-services-distribution-5.2.3 folder. Do I need to copy the files in the below folder to any place within tomcat?

1. alf_data 

2. bin 

3. amps 

4. solr4 

Answers inline:

alf_data - contains the actual contentstore, deleted contentstore in terms of bin files, the keystore , db configurations, and most importantly solr4 - index content and the model

bin is mostly having the batch files or executable jar to run commands to apply install, or uninstall the amps

amps is for placing the repo amps

and amp_share for the share amps

solr4 is for the models,configurations etc.

You Need to copy the files in the below folder and not in tomcat folder.

In your alfresco-global.properties , you have all the configurations which point to a path of the above.

Tomcat has the webapps, conf and libraries from alfresco that I have copied and pasted into respective folder. Do I need to modify an files in the above folder for the initial bare bones setup of alfresco? - You dont need to as they have default share and alfresco and solr wars used for alfresco application.

2. I tried following the above two links to startup my alfresco instance on tomcat but I get the error that keystore is missing. Please can you advise what could be the issue? Do I need to place the keystore in the alf_data folder anywhere?

Check the keystore files are available at path

~\alf_data\keystore

kartech11
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Ranjeet,

Thanks a lot for your response. Does that mean , in my alfresco-global.properties file, the dir.root  should be pointing to the alf_data folder in my alfresco content services distribution? 

For example, this is how my path now looks like

dir.root=C:/dev/tools/alfresco/alfresco-content-services-distribution-5.2.3/alf_data
dir.keystore=${dir.root}/keystore

Thanks

ranjeetsi
Established Member II

Jump to solution

Yes , That is right.

Thanks!

kartech11
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks Rajneet. This worked fine for me and I was able to progress.

I am now stuck with setting up solr4 manually. I have a question regarding setting up the solcore.properties data.dir.root path.