Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiscesarinfo
Active Member II

Share too slow

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I'm facing a very slow performance of Share on my environment using the new Alfresco version (Alfresco community 201704) and would like to know if someone had a similar issue or any idea of how I can solve this.

To give you an idea, to load the Repository page from the Home page, the system is taking around 12 seconds. 

I have others installations with similar hardware background running the Alfresco version 5.0.d and for the same action, it is taking less than 3 seconds.

I'm using the follow configuration on ../tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: 

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms5G -Xmx5G -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -server"

Attached is my alfresco-global.properties

My environment details:

- Alfresco community 201704;

- AWS EC2 instance (type: t2.large): 2 vCPU and 8Gb RAM on Amazon Linux

- Java version: 1.8.0_131

Thanks in advance.

Luis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Share too slow

Jump to solution

You don't need to throw memory at Share - it does not use a lot and will not benefit from much more. I never have more than Xmx512M (though I run Share on a separate Tomcat instance).

Are you talking about the first page load performance or repeated page load? Did you set your Share to "production" mode via the share-config-custom.xml? Did you disable the client-debug via share-config-custom.xml? If any of these two settings are not set correctly, some optimisations will not be enabled and performance will suffer.

One of the most expensive operations in Share UI is processing the dynamically aggregated CSS via LESS. The default Rhino-based process is quite inefficient, but there is an option to configure it to use a node.js based LESS if you have it setup locally.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

You don't need to throw memory at Share - it does not use a lot and will not benefit from much more. I never have more than Xmx512M (though I run Share on a separate Tomcat instance).

Are you talking about the first page load performance or repeated page load? Did you set your Share to "production" mode via the share-config-custom.xml? Did you disable the client-debug via share-config-custom.xml? If any of these two settings are not set correctly, some optimisations will not be enabled and performance will suffer.

One of the most expensive operations in Share UI is processing the dynamically aggregated CSS via LESS. The default Rhino-based process is quite inefficient, but there is an option to configure it to use a node.js based LESS if you have it setup locally.

luiscesarinfo
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Axel Faust

Many thanks for answer.

I've disabled the client-debug via share-config-custom.xml and the system became pretty faster. The other suggestion (set Share to "production" mode via share-config-custom.xml), I already had done.

Thank you very much for help.

Regards,

Luis