Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakumari
Established Member

shared documents are not previewing.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am not able to preview the documents while trying to share and view them.

Either it's a word document, pdf document or xlsx document. getting the same error message on the screen while viewing.

I don't know why this happening and where should I check. Even I am not getting any exception at console. I have tried but not able to get anything.

If anybody have any idea, please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
monicakumari
Established Member

Re: shared documents are not previewing.

Jump to solution

Resolved on its own after upgrade.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Please check the browser console / network tool for any errors loading the PDF document or previewer component. Also check the server-side logs (alfresco.log/share.log/catalina.out) for any issues accessing the content. For PDF there should not be any transformations going on for preview but maybe an addon you have installed (if any) messes with that).

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Also, what happens when you open the document details for that document? Does the previewer load? It probably has nothing to do with the quick share feature (the preview should fail on document details too) but it would be good to rule that out.

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

No, there is no issue with document details page. Its previewing fine. but after sharing (quickshare- shared), documents are not previewing on document details page too.

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hello,

I think there is some issue with the new sdk or I dont know the exact issue, but any of the documents except .pdf and .txt are not previewing anywhere. Just to check, I have create a new maven plain project and ran it using command ./run.sh . It was showing me he same result.

Thanks.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

I'd like to try to reproduce this. What is your exact Alfresco version?

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

Resolved on its own after upgrade.