cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkovic
Active Member II

Sharing folders publicly with password protection

Dear all,

for a lot of business use cases, we need to be able to share certain folders with non-registered users in a similar fashion as how it is possible on ownCloud, Nextcloud, OneDrive or Dropbox:

The idea is to give external business partners viewing rights for certain folders without having to put in the effort of registering every single business partner in Alfresco, setting their permissions and deleting their accounts after the partnership ended.

This could easily be achieved by:

1. Generating a public link to the folder
  2. Enabling a password protection for that folder

However, I did not manage to find such a functionality. Is there something completely obvious that I'm missing, does Alfresco not have such a feature or is there an Add-On for this?

Thank you very much!

1 Reply
onkovic
Active Member II

Re: Sharing folders publicly with password protection

For those who have the same question at a later time and come across this forum post, there is one Addon from Alfresco China which adds this functionality to Alfresco: Alfresco Private Share Link with Password 

However, this Addon is proprietary and I'm not sure if English is fully supported or any other language than Chinese.

I think the fact that this Addon exists and that nobody replied to this forum post are both strong indicators that it is not possible to share files or folders publicly with password protection at the moment.