cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anon26949
Established Member

Should I make backups when deploy AMP?

Jump to solution

I want to make a little customization of the Share tier.

For this purpose I have prepared the relevant AMP file in which override some current properties. I know how to do it in another way, but I interested in that way.

Should I make any backups before deploying AMP?..

I would be very grateful for the information. Thanks to all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Should I make backups when deploy AMP?

Jump to solution

Hi Aleksey:

You may do it until you feel safer with AMP files.

But when you are applying an AMP file (with apply-amps.sh script or java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar command), you generate a backup of the war too. If something goes wrong when redeploying, you may restore the war from the backup generated in webapps. There is even a way for uninstalling AMP file via alfresco-mmt.jar, but you can always restore the backup of the war.

This is always valid when the AMP customization is for Share. A previous backup should be done, if you create an AMP file for the repository (alfresco.war), that includes several ACPs for adding or changing content and nodes in bootstrap, database patches or something really intrusive. 

Anyway, test it first in a development environment, before go to production.

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: Should I make backups when deploy AMP?

Jump to solution

Hi Aleksey:

You may do it until you feel safer with AMP files.

But when you are applying an AMP file (with apply-amps.sh script or java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar command), you generate a backup of the war too. If something goes wrong when redeploying, you may restore the war from the backup generated in webapps. There is even a way for uninstalling AMP file via alfresco-mmt.jar, but you can always restore the backup of the war.

This is always valid when the AMP customization is for Share. A previous backup should be done, if you create an AMP file for the repository (alfresco.war), that includes several ACPs for adding or changing content and nodes in bootstrap, database patches or something really intrusive. 

Anyway, test it first in a development environment, before go to production.

Regards.

--C.