Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hilal
Active Member II

Show Online User List

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I m using Alfresco Community 5.2 . I want to show online user list.

How can I do this process?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: Show Online User List

Jump to solution

You are looking at the Share Admin Console. Instead, go look at the Alfresco Admin Console. As Markus pointed out, you can go to the OOTB Support Tools Active Sessions panel by going to:

http://localhost:8080/alfresco/s/ootbee/admin/active-sessions 

A screenshot of that panel is shown below:

Screenshot of Support Tools Active Sessions

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Take a look at the Order of the Bee Support Tools add-on. I believe it has a "current active users" panel. That would obviously be for admins, but you could look at the source to figure out how it works if you want to display that list somewhere else.

hilal
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Mr Potts thank you so much for answer. when I build this module and  add amp to my project , What link can I see from the online user list, Where this panel will be ?

mrks_js1
Established Member II

Jump to solution

try this path:

/alfresco/service/ootbee/admin/active-sessions

hilal
Active Member II

Jump to solution

This add-on provides showing all user list, but not online users. When I added module amp to my project,  A panel called OOTBee Support Tools was created. this panel has three menu : Dashboard Componenets, Loh4j Settings, User Dashboards.

I want to see just online users!

mrks_js1
Established Member II

Jump to solution

there are 2 different admin consoles in alfresco. have you tried the path i provided? 

hilal
Active Member II

Jump to solution

yes I do but it is giving 404 error. I think that link is web script.

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

You are looking at the Share Admin Console. Instead, go look at the Alfresco Admin Console. As Markus pointed out, you can go to the OOTB Support Tools Active Sessions panel by going to:

http://localhost:8080/alfresco/s/ootbee/admin/active-sessions 

A screenshot of that panel is shown below:

Screenshot of Support Tools Active Sessions

hilal
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for answer. I want to ask a question . 

What is meaning of "but you could look at the source to figure out how it works if you want to display that list somewhere else" ?

Where do I need to change?

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

If you want to understand how the Support Tools add-on fetches the list of active users so that you could do the same thing in your own add-on you can look at the source and learn how they do it.

For example, if you want to write an add-on that displays a dashlet that lists the current active users, that would be easy to do. All you need is an understanding of how to write a dashlet--there are many examples--and then to know how the current user list is built. Put those two things together and you've got it.