cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zputnoky
Established Member

Showing custom content properties in search result

Dear All,

In the mock-up we are building, we got a requirement to display the properties of a custom - corporate wide - content type in the search result page. Tried to find the best approach in the various forums but have no luck.

Can any of you orient me how to achieve this?

Using Community edition 5.2 All-in-one version.

Thanks alot for your help,

Zsolt Putnoky

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Showing custom content properties in search result

The default search does not support displaying custom properties in the search result. This is a result of the fact that the data web script for the search simply does not provide these in the query response - the UI itself could be easily adapted as it is built on Aikau. So if you want to provide custom properties you first need to override the response template of the search data web script to include your custom properties. Then you can use regular Aikau / JSON page model customisations to include these properties in the search result display.

zputnoky
Established Member

HI Axel,

Thanks for the reply, even though I understand almost nothing about it. Do you have some starting points from where I can start learning how to do the mods you mentioned?.

Zsolt Putnoky

douglascrp
Advanced II

I used the idea from the following blogpost some months ago, and it worked perfectly

Customizing The Search Results Widget – Alfresco 5.0.D  - Contezza 

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Douglas,

Thanks alot for the info, this is still an open issue for us.

Zsolt Putnoky