Single file drag-and-drop upload, appears twice

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidraines

Single file drag-and-drop upload, appears twice

Jump to solution

We are getting reports from our users (and seem to be able to confirm them) that users are using the "Drag-and-Drop" feature in a subfolder off of a Site's Document Library.  When they drag the single file up, the file then appears twice.  Once with its normal name, then once again a "-1" appended to the name, to indicate its a duplicate.

When I checked the HTTP logs on our server, I see that, indeed, multiple POST calls to "/share/proxy/alfresco/api/upload" were made within the same second.  So I would theorize that our users are tripping over some Javascript bug.

Is this a problem anyone recognizes?  Are there any similar known bugs i the 

We (the developers & sysadmins on the site) can't get it to happen, but it seems like an outstanding annoyance for our users.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Single file drag-and-drop upload, appears twice

Jump to solution

I haven't seen that particular behaviour yet, but I am aware of a known issue using Drag&Drop in the Edge browser where multiple instances of the same file appear in the upload dialog. In that case, Alfresco simply forgot to implement an "already-added-check", and due to some other particularities of the Drag&Drop API, the operation to add a file to the list is called multiple times.

I have corrected that issue for one of my customers and hope the patch makes it through Support without much delay. In my investigation of the code base, I have not found where the name might be appended with a "-1" suffix. Unfortunately searching for an issue with "-1" in JIRA (in combination with drag&drop) did not produce any meaningful results

View solution in original post

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

I haven't seen that particular behaviour yet, but I am aware of a known issue using Drag&Drop in the Edge browser where multiple instances of the same file appear in the upload dialog. In that case, Alfresco simply forgot to implement an "already-added-check", and due to some other particularities of the Drag&Drop API, the operation to add a file to the list is called multiple times.

I have corrected that issue for one of my customers and hope the patch makes it through Support without much delay. In my investigation of the code base, I have not found where the name might be appended with a "-1" suffix. Unfortunately searching for an issue with "-1" in JIRA (in combination with drag&drop) did not produce any meaningful results

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

What browser version and platform is being used by the users who are seeing this problem?

Also, the usual suggestions of restarting browsers, clearing cache, disabling pop-ups, etc., applies.