cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethan_wong
Active Member II

Slow response time when loading or saving a document

Hi all,

I am quite new to Alfresco and our organisation had pilot using Alfresco Community ECM with four or the 11 branches across the country.  We have one of the branch among the 4 where users of that branch are experiencing slow response time.  I have witness this happening on 2 occassions

1.  when a user is opening a MS Word document through "edit online" from Alfresco Share and the MS Word splash screen is opened and waiting for the document to load.  It appears to take the document around 45-60secs and the file size is less than 100KB.

The other occurence is when a user saves an Excel file directly into the Alfresco file system. It could take between 60-90secs and the file is only 50KB.

Has anyone else encountered these situations and what would be the cause and solution please?

Thanks and regards

Ethan

2 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: Slow response time when loading or saving a document

Do you have the same restrictions when copying the Word file to the users workstation via Download or Webdav?

It could also be a problem with the normal.dot file or maybe Words/Excels logging to the Outlook Journal is switched on.

Version of Office and Windows is?

ethan_wong
Active Member II

Re: Slow response time when loading or saving a document

Thanks for that Martin.  I have not specifically test via download at the point the incident took place.  What is Webdav (i am quite new to Alfresco and just barely read the relevant documentations?).

Our users are accessing via Citrix running on Windows 7 and using Microsoft Office 2010.

At the moment, the incidences are intermittent.  What steps may i take to determine (or eliminate) if normal.dot file is the culprit?