cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedwards99
Partner

Smart Folder issue when using transactional metadata query

Hi there,

Has anyone ever encountered the following problem and found a solution??

We have a smart folder query that is acceptable as a TMDQ therefore runs against the database rather than SOLR. I can see the query being executed in the debug log and returning 50 items - this is the items per page limit for Share

I know there actually 900+ items for the query to return, BUT the pager control at the bottom of the Share page shows

"0 - 0 of 0" with no links to click to the next page.

If I modify the query by adding a PATH clause thereby forcing it to use SOLR then the pager is displayed correctly!

It's vital for our use-case that we use the database query, SOLR is not an acceptable workaround.

This is on Alfresco 5.2.0 (Enterprise)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Smart Folder issue when using transactional metadata query

So far I have not observed this behaviour, but my experience with Smart Folders is limited to an Alfresco 6.0 Community instance with significant enhancements to the Smart Folder core (e.g. allowing re-filing between smart folders, lifting various action restricttions, supporting folders in smart folders), so that would not be a proper reference.

I can see in JIRA that there are some general issues with the paginator in Smart Folders in Alfresco 5.2 - see https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/MNT-20791 - maybe your case is simply just another variant of that.

pedwards99
Partner

Re: Smart Folder issue when using transactional metadata query

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I've since narrowed down the issue to the Records Management module. 

If I remove the RM amps from alfresco and share then the pager appears. Unfortunately it's now not calculating the number of pages and documents correctly!

The issue is for an enterprise customer so I've raised a ticket with Alfresco Support. I'll post back here if they can offer a solution. 

Paul