smart folder or custom model?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idebonis
Active Member II

smart folder or custom model?

Hello, currently I have an implementation which consists of a custom model of conList type (conList:letter). It mainly consists of the following properties:

• conList:type: It indicates if the letter is 'letter' or 'book'
  • conList:number: The number of the letter or book
  • conList: page: It is a numeric value if conList:type is a book or empty if conList:type is a letter
  • conList:folder: The noderef of the folder where the actual file in pdf is stored (plus a subfolder with attached files)

I would like to change the model so it is a children of the folder type. So the new model would be folder:letter which would be applied directly to the folder containing the files using the following properties:

• folder:number: The number of the letter or book

It would have a children type called folder:book with the following properties:

• folder:number: The number of the letter or book
  • folder: page: Page of the book

Also, I use the model customization so I can make cmis queries through some webscripts.

My question is: Is this good practice? Would I get a better result with smart folders templates? how would you implement it?

1 Reply
kintu_barot

Re: smart folder or custom model?

Hello,

I would suggest to create a content model just for the content.

Create a custom content type which would be the base of all your subtypes e.g. doc:BaseDocType.

All other subtypes like book, letter etc... should inherit the doc:BaseDocType.

There should be minimum properties under the doc:BaseDocType e.g. docSmiley Very Happyocument_ID, docSmiley Very Happyocument_Type etc...

For all other properties create aspects and attach them with the document types wherever needed.

This heirarchy is easily scalable.

Please let me know if you have further qeustions.

Regards,
Kintu