Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anandhan
Active Member II

Solr 6 external integration with Alfresco Community 201707

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are trying to integrate Alfresco Community 201707 with Solr 6 distribution, alfresco-search-services-1.1.0. Please find the steps tried so far.

Server 1 - Alfresco & Solr 6 in same server (Working)

1. Installed Alfresco Community with Solr 4.
  2. Download Alfresco Solr 6 distribution, unpack and copy the Solr 6 folder to ALFRESCO_HOME.
  3. Run the below command ALFRESCO_HOME/solr6/solr/bin/solr start -a "-Dcreate.alfresco.defaults=alfresco,archive"
  4. Then open the url  "http://localhost:8983/solr" I can able to see the  both Alfresco and Archive are in the dropdown in solr admin page.
  5. After that editing the alfresco-global.properties file (ALFRESCO_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco-global.properties) with below configuration.

### Solr indexing ###

index.subsystem.name=solr6

solr.host=localhost

dir.keystore=${dir.root}/keystore

solr.port=8983

solr.port.ssl=8984

solr.secureComms=none

solr.baseUrl=/solr

6. Disable the Solr
 4 subsystem following the below steps:
    1. Disable Solr 4 tracking in the ALFRESCO_HOME/solr4/workspace-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties file. enable.alfresco.tracking=false
    2. To remove the Solr 4 web application and indexes, stop the Tomcat server which is running Solr 4.
    3. Remove the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/webapps/solr4 directory and the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/webapps/solr4.war file
    4. Remove the <ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr4.xml file.
  7. Then I can able to search the content in alfresco site. Note: If both the alfresco and solr are in same server means I can able to search the records.

Alfresco in Server 1 & Solr 6 in Server 2 (Error)

• Repeated the above steps from 2 to 5 in server 2 for solr installation.
  • Modified solr.host=server 2 ip from the above 5th step.
  • Now If I search some content in alfresco site. search record displays nothing.

Please help us how to configure if alfresco and solr are in different server.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Solr 6 external integration with Alfresco Community 201707

Jump to solution

Hi:

I would say, that you need at least to set alfresco.host variable in solrcore.properties files for the two cores (alfresco and archive) configured in SOLR 6 (Server 2). By default (or in the template they are set to localhost), but this has to point to Alfresco Server 1 now.

HINT: For disabling SOLR4 in Server 1, you can also move webapps/solr4.war and webapps/solr4 to a temporal directory and then to disable tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr4.xml (for example renaming to solr4.xml.disabled). 

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: Solr 6 external integration with Alfresco Community 201707

Jump to solution

Hi:

I would say, that you need at least to set alfresco.host variable in solrcore.properties files for the two cores (alfresco and archive) configured in SOLR 6 (Server 2). By default (or in the template they are set to localhost), but this has to point to Alfresco Server 1 now.

HINT: For disabling SOLR4 in Server 1, you can also move webapps/solr4.war and webapps/solr4 to a temporal directory and then to disable tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr4.xml (for example renaming to solr4.xml.disabled). 

Regards.

--C.