Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

SOLR Backup scheduled jobs

Jump to solution

SOLR 4 subsystem includes by default following scheduled jobs:

search.indexBackupJobDetail > index.backup.cronExpression=0 0 3 * * ?
search.alfrescoCoreBackupJobDetail > solr.backup.alfresco.cronExpression=0 0 2 * * ?
search.archiveCoreBackupJobDetail > solr.backup.archive.cronExpression=0 0 4 * * ?

I've been trying to guess what backup is done by everyone, but I've not been able to follow all the threads. Probably, this could fit the following folders:

/opt/alf_data/solr4/content
/opt/alf_data/solr4/index/archive
/opt/alf_data/solr4/index/workspace

But then, default cron expressions have no sense for me.

Is this documented in any place?

Hyland Developer Evangelist
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: SOLR Backup scheduled jobs

Jump to solution

You are misunderstanding what contentStoreCleanerJobDetail does. It does not cause any new entries in archive SOLR indexes to be created. When content is moved from contentstore into contentstore.deleted, it has already been removed from the archive (or it has never been there in case the content was not archived / transferred into the trash can). So there is no competition between the contentStoreCleanerJobDetail and the archive index backup, if that is what you find weird.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks for your comments.

I analysed those source files and also the ones related with Lucene. It looks like search.indexBackupJobDetail is not used anymore, as it was only relevant for Lucene.

So in current versions we have a backup for both SOLR cores: alfresco and archive. The first one is performed at 2:00 AM and the second one at 4:00 AM. This last scheduling happens at the same time than contentStoreCleanerJobDetail, which is moving files from contentstore to contentstore.deleted. So we have Alfresco backing archive SOLR indexes and creating new entries in archive SOLR indexes at the same time.

It could be a designed behaviour but I found it weird.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

You are misunderstanding what contentStoreCleanerJobDetail does. It does not cause any new entries in archive SOLR indexes to be created. When content is moved from contentstore into contentstore.deleted, it has already been removed from the archive (or it has never been there in case the content was not archived / transferred into the trash can). So there is no competition between the contentStoreCleanerJobDetail and the archive index backup, if that is what you find weird.