Solr SSL Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logu_paps

Solr SSL Issue

Hi,

I have enabled SSL in my alfresco,share and solr tiers. I'm able to access repo and share in HTTPS mode but i'm not able to access the solr with the loadbalancer url. i'm able to access the solr admin with the import of browser.p12 file.

Please let me know what needs to be changed to work for loadbalancer url.

3 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Solr SSL Issue

IMHO, it is not suitable to give access to SOLR console in the frontend or load balancer. For different security reasons, it is the data layer and due authentication method used in SOLR too.

Anyway, one possibility (and it is not very secure) could be not to use SSL between Alfresco repository and SOLR 4 ( I suppose you are using SOLR 4 in the same Tomcat where Alfresco repo is) allowing to use SOLR admin in 8080 or 8009 (better only using AJP connector). And then to configure in your frontend some basic authentication for /solr4 context and then proxy pass to 8009 port in solr4 context. Last thing is quite simple in Apache for example.

Regards.

--C.

logu_paps

Hi,

We are using Solr6 in a different instance.Please let me know how can we enable it for this.

cesarista
Customer

Mmmm.. the above comment applies to SOLR6 too.

Once disabled client cert in between Alfresco repo and SOLR communication, you only have to proxy pass to the 8983 port of SOLR instance (in your frontend tier), and to configure some basic auth there for accessing SOLR console. You probably need to limit access to this SOLR instance from other machines different than your frontend too.

Regards.

--C.