cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjhenrion
Member II

Solr4 : No space left

Every day i've some error like this:

ERROR [org.alfresco.solr.component.AsyncBuildSuggestComponent] Exception in building suggester index for: shingleBasedSuggestions
java.io.IOException: No space left on device

df -h:

9% /opt/alfresco/alf_data

df -i:

9% /opt/alfresco/alf_data

FS is xfs:

/dev/mapper/docker-solr4data /opt/alfresco/alf_data xfs rw,seclabel,relatime,attr2,inode64,noquota 0 0

I'don't understand the No space left ....

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Solr4 : No space left

What is the value of imaxpct for your xfs partition? How many inodes are currently in use? The SOLR server may suffer from inode exhaustion due to caching of repository data in small tgz files, but this typically is only a problem on non-xfs partitions and requires a substantial amount of nodes to be created in Alfresco in the first place.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

I think the problem is provoked by the SOLR suggester, which creates large files under /opt/alfresco/tomcat/temp in some versions. This path is not part of alf_data partition. The easy way is to disable suggester in SOLR (solr.suggester.enabled=false) in solrcore.properties config (for workspace core).

Regards.

--C.

udaikumar26
Customer

Do we have a permanent solution to this?

We have same issue in Alfresco 5.0.2 even after turning off "Auto Suggest Enabled" through admin console.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @udaikumar26 

Could you please provide some more information on the problem you're experiencing - local setup, etc?

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!