SOLVED - Unable to install Alfresco Community Edition using Docker on Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhagerty
Member II

SOLVED - Unable to install Alfresco Community Edition using Docker on Windows 10

Jump to solution

I am trying to install the latest version of Alfresco Community edition using Docker on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I am trying to follow these instructions: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-blog/deploying-and-running-alfresco-content-se...

I git cloned two repos: (1) `acs-community-packaging` and `acs-community-deployment`. I then went into the `-deployment` repo, into the `docker-compose` folder, and ran `docker-compose up`. Tons of stuff happens, with various messages, including a number of WARN messages. Ultimately the process just seems to hang. I have allocated 9GB of RAM to Docker (out of 16GB), per instructions here: https://docs.alfresco.com/6.2/tasks/deploy-docker-compose.html. The community instructions don't say anything about required resources.

There are too many warnings for me to begin to guess what is going wrong. I am trying do a very generic thing with the vanilla docker-compose.yml file from the repo, so I have no idea what is going wrong. Can anyone help me? The log file is too big to post here, so I have put it in a public Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ux3Whx0f9qiO-41449w4lLzWI-YgVTmb-jTEGUA7bV8/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: 26 minutes after I thought the Docker install hung, it spit out a few more messages. Surely a 26-minute delay during an install makes no sense and is not expected. Here is the very brief excerpt from the latest portion of the log (the time stamps show the 26-minute delay) (again, the rest of the log is in the Google Doc):

alfresco_1               | 2019-12-25 06:04:25,800  WARN  [content.transform.AbstractContentTransformer2] [http-nio-8080-exec-2] Transformation of (blogsearch.get.js) has not taken place because the declared mimetype (application/x-javascript) does not match the detected mimetype (text/plain).
alfresco-pdf-renderer_1  | 2019-12-25 06:30:04.012  INFO 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-5] o.a.t.AbstractTransformerController      : GET Transform Config.
tika_1                   | 2019-12-25 06:30:04.044  INFO 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-9] o.a.t.AbstractTransformerController      : GET Transform Config.
imagemagick_1            | 2019-12-25 06:30:04.077  INFO 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-6] o.a.t.AbstractTransformerController      : GET Transform Config.
transform-misc_1         | 2019-12-25 06:30:04.153  INFO 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-6] o.a.t.AbstractTransformerController      : GET Transform Config.
libreoffice_1            | 2019-12-25 06:30:04.166  INFO 1 --- [nio-8090-exec-5] o.a.t.AbstractTransformerController      : GET Transform Config.

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
narkuss
Established Member II

Re: Unable to install Alfresco Community Edition using Docker on Windows 10

Jump to solution

It seems a normal startup to me, and in an acceptable time (Apart from the time spent downloading the images). What is the problem you are having, you can't access to localhost:8080/share, nor localhost:8080/alfresco? Or you can access them but it's very slow? Can you access transformers endpoints and solr console?

Alfresco recommends at least 12 GB to start the full docker-compose, although I would give it 16 GB.

Last messages are normal, Alfresco polls transformers config every hour, at a half (6.30, 7.30, 8.30...). Last warnings are normal too, these files can't be transformed due to a mismatch between detected and the declared mimetype.

Edit: when you access share for the fist time, there should be a message stating something similar to "successfully retrieved license information from Alfresco", so I guess you did not access localhost:8080/share.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
narkuss
Established Member II

Jump to solution

It seems a normal startup to me, and in an acceptable time (Apart from the time spent downloading the images). What is the problem you are having, you can't access to localhost:8080/share, nor localhost:8080/alfresco? Or you can access them but it's very slow? Can you access transformers endpoints and solr console?

Alfresco recommends at least 12 GB to start the full docker-compose, although I would give it 16 GB.

Last messages are normal, Alfresco polls transformers config every hour, at a half (6.30, 7.30, 8.30...). Last warnings are normal too, these files can't be transformed due to a mismatch between detected and the declared mimetype.

Edit: when you access share for the fist time, there should be a message stating something similar to "successfully retrieved license information from Alfresco", so I guess you did not access localhost:8080/share.

bhagerty
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. I think you're right, I didn't try to login, because this was my second attempt at running `docker-compose up`, and (1) the previous attempt had failed (I got an error page attempting to login to localhost; a 500 error, I think), and (2) the messages in this log made me assume it had failed. There were multiple WARN messages about a transform failing because of a mime-type mismatch.

Based on your feedback, I re-ran `docker-compose up` a third time, and (1) I didn't get the same WARN messages about a failing transform, and (2) I was able to login. 

So it seems like you are right, this is more or less normal. I'm mystified at getting different log outputs (WARN messages about mime-type mismatches versus an absence of such messages) despite running exact same command to start the service, but I can at least get started. So thank you very much! Happy holidays!

landry

Jump to solution

Starting docker-compose with 6 GB solved for me! Thx