Spaces replaced with '+' when downloading files from ACS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITguy
Member II

Spaces replaced with '+' when downloading files from ACS?

Hello,

I am upgrading from ACS 5.2 to 7.2 (community) and have most everything working as it should. However, when I download a file stored in the ACS any spaces in the filename are replaced with a '+'?

Is there any way to stop this from happening? 5.2 downloaded files with the space in the name preserved.

Running Ubuntu 22 with Ansible install.

7 Replies
antoniorv75
Member II

Re: Spaces replaced with '+' when downloading files from ACS?

This problem is happening with the version 7.2 forward. And I have the same behaviour. Everything works fine if you try view file with your browser, if you try this the file is downloaded perfectly but if you try with the download options it doesn't run, the repacement by '+' characters occurs.

Apparentely there is not applied any solution yet in order to fix that currently. I'll stay waiting for that, I think it's an anoying error that in certains scenaries could be critical.

Thank you

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

I've created a small patch for this in https://github.com/aborroy/mnt-22668

Hyland Developer Evangelist
torgerss
Customer

Will this patch/fix be included in an official Enterprise release version ( including docker containers)?

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

As far I tested both Community and Enterprise 7.2 versions, this iss not affecting Alfresco Enterprise ACS 7.2.0.

Regards.

--C.

P.S: And the patch works like a charm.

torgerss
Customer

I am running 7.2.0 governance and 7.2.1 governance in docker containers on Ubuntu 20,04, and we see it happening when downloading from share and ADW.  I will give the patch a try, thank you.

nohittermodifie
Member II

Could you let me know if anything back about whether or not that was successful? 

moto x3m 

torgerss
Customer

I installed the patch AMP yesterday and it fixed the issue for me as well on Enterprise ACS and Alfresco Governance Services deployments.  Thank you!