cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markor
Member II

SSO and document versions in MS Office 2016

Greetings all,

I have configured a working passtrough authentication with SSO and ldap-ad synchronization.

After activating SSO, domain users can automatically logon to Alfresco Share, Webdav share and open MS Office documents without password prompt but there is an issue with MS Office 2016 clients:

There is no History in File menu and previous versions are not shown. Oddly enough, using "Compare" option in Word works and document can be compared to previous versions.

After disabling SSO, History in File menu and previous versions are shown again in all MS Office 2016 programs.

Office 2010 and Office 2013 are working as expected with SSO enabled - version history is properly shown and previous versions can be accessed when using File menu.

All clients access Alfresco AOS over SSL via Apache proxy.

_vti_bin/ and _vti_inf.html are available and respond with the correct messages.

Did anyone encounter this issue? Please help and shed some light on this issue if you have any additional info.

From everything I tested it looks like a bug but it would be good to get some confirmation.

Best regards,

Marko

1 Reply
markor
Member II

Re: SSO and document versions in MS Office 2016

I've tested Kerberos SSO and AlfrescoNTLM SSO with Office 2016.

Same issue appears - version History is not available.

Alfresco version is:

Alfresco Community v5.2.0
(r135134-b14) schema 10005
AOS module version is the one that came with the installation: 1.1.5

If anyone is using any authentication subsystem with SSO and Office 2016 - please confirm if you get same behavior.

Thank you.

Regards,

Marko