Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djarty
Active Member II

Start workflow from site document library or data list

Hello!

Alfresco Community Edition (fresh)

Try to start workflow from site documentlibrary or from site data-list and can`t do this. 

Whats wrong?

Go to site -> doclib (or data-list) -> click do some doc -> try to start new workflow ->

see page for starting workflow with type button but if select workflow type - page is clear - no new workflow form.

Is it normal or need to fix it?

(From myfiles,sharedfiles,workflows everything ok - can to start new workflow)

5 Replies
kalpesh_c2

Re: Start workflow from site document library or data list

Hi Artem DJ,
You can start workflow from document library
1 By applying rules on folder

2 By document, refer this Starting a workflow | Alfresco Documentation 
3 From datalists as well refer the OOTB Issue List Datalist.

After selecting workflow type from the given list, if page is cleared then it's not normal. You may have configured wrong configuration, please share your alfresco log stack trace.

Thanks,
Kalpesh,

ContCentric

djarty
Active Member II

Hi!

Really, looks like its alvex component integration problem...

douglascrp
Advanced II

If you have Alvex in place, then I believe what is missing is you giving the users permission to start workflows.

One of the modules installed by Alvex is GitHub - ITDSystems/alvex-workflow-permissions 

You have to go to Admin Tools, and there you will find the option to select what workflows users can start

GitHub - ITDSystems/alvex-workflow-permissions 

djarty
Active Member II

Hello! I re-check alvex workflow permissions. (looks like its only give permission to see some types of workflow or not see then start new workflow). Anyway I see all workflow types but new workflow form exists only if start workflow from myfiles,sharedfiles,workflows and empty if try to start under documentlibrary or data-list. If make full alvex remove - all ok, see new workflow form from anyway. 

aviriel

Looks like the problem is in js scope.

If you open the page http://localhost:8080/share/page/start-workflow then everything is working good.

If you open the page http://localhost:8080/share/page/site/swsdp/start-workflow then wfscheduler says "this.msg is not defined". No idea how to fix it quickly. I tried to put functions from the root of alvex-project-management/start-workflow.js at master · ITDSystems/alvex-project-management · GitHub  to the scope of the function, but then I meet "jquery.cron is not defined". If you have any ideas how to fix it, let me know or just send a pull request.

Here is an issue for it in the Project Management repo:

start-workflow page problem · Issue #66 · ITDSystems/alvex-project-management · GitHub