Starting a Workflow: Send Email Notification not working !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diassynthesis

Starting a Workflow: Send Email Notification not working !

Jump to solution

Only the admin user (or the user with the credentials in the alfresco-global.properties) can send an email notification.

Any other user Starting a workflow, can't send an email notification.

Error from the log:  

ERROR [action.executer.MailActionExecuter] [mailAsyncAction2] Failed to send email to [djamel] : org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Failed messages: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 554 5.7.8 User [admin@***********.com] not authorized to send on behalf of <ms.bara@*************.com>; message exceptions (1) are:Failed message 1: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 554 5.7.8 User [admin@********.com] not authorized to send on behalf of <ms.bara@***********.com>

Alfresco-email-workflow.jpgAlfresco-conf.JPG

Med Said BARA
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diassynthesis

Re: Starting a Workflow: Send Email Notification not working !

Jump to solution

SOLVED  : mail.from.enabled=false

I've also added a TXT and SPF record to our domain (and i really don't know if it is important or not !!!).

Med Said BARA

View solution in original post

14 Replies
cristinamr
Advanced

Jump to solution

Hi! Could you try to specify these fields?

• mail.from.default
  • mail.from.enabled

Check here for more details.

Try it and let us know the result.

Cheers.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc
msbara
Member II

Jump to solution

mail.from.default=admin@***********.com

mail.from.enabled=true

msbara
Member II

Jump to solution

The email configuration is configured according to the https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/6.2/config/email/  and is working perfectly (for Inbound and outbound), the only problem is that "How can any user when starting a workflow get the Send email Notification working.

Is there a possibility to add the email account credentials (username & password) for the other users in the config file, cause all the emails will be send from the account specified in the config (mail.from.default)(in my case the admin account: admin@*****.com), and this rise the related error "Can't send on behalf of ....". If not, is there a way to authorize the admin account to send emails "on behalf or send as" of another user.

msbara
Member II

Jump to solution

According to this document https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4468 

this error: 

554 5.7.8 URL resolution requires trust relationship

The submit server does not have a trust relationship with the IMAP
      server specified in the URL argument to BURL.
msbara
Member II

Jump to solution

In the following document https://bobcares.com/blog/554-permanent-problems-with-the-remote-server/ 

The related error seems dealing with SPF record.

diassynthesis

Jump to solution

@cristinamr i'm getting some trouble to signin with my account in hub.alfresco (I signedin with a second account as @msbara   

@msbara is the same user as @diassynthesis 

But now, it's OK, I signed in as @diassynthesis 

Med Said BARA
cristinamr
Advanced

Jump to solution

Are you using a custom workflow? If yes: please share with us the code where you call to send the email. If not: could you please tell us step by step how are you configuring and using the default one? (and which one it is).

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc
diassynthesis

Jump to solution

Hi @cristinamr 

SORRY for my bad English !

- I'm not using any custom workflow.

- The configuration is shown in the attached pictures. The messaging system is working perfectly, cause I'm receiving all the notifications by mail (eg: test message, siteinvite, and also the Start workflow notification (but only for the admin user, cause it's the only user with known credentials), and when another user start a workflow no email can be send and server reply with the related error, because the email is send by the admin user as stated in the config file (dockerfile and the docker-compose.yml files) and in this case the credentials (more exactly the email-password for the user initiating the workflow is unknown).

There is a mismatch between the email account of the user initiating the workflow and the user who try to send the email ( the admin user in our case).

The proof is, when it's the admin user who initiates the workflow, all is running perfectly and the email is sent to the user  to whish the task is assigned, because there is a concordance between the credentials of the account of the user initiating the workflow and the user who send the email.

Should I turn mail.from.enabled to false, but in this case where and how can'i provide the user email password  ???

NB: All the users are members of the Group EMAIL_CONTRIBUTORS.

best regards.Alfresco-Cristinamr.JPGAlfresco-Cristinamr-2.JPG

Med Said BARA
diassynthesis

Jump to solution

SOLVED  : mail.from.enabled=false

I've also added a TXT and SPF record to our domain (and i really don't know if it is important or not !!!).

Med Said BARA