cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzulfikriachmad

Storage Usage Calculation

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I would like to ask a question about Storage in Alfresco Share. So i have uploaded couple files to my site, when i checked the storage used in Admin Tools, the value didn't change. It remained the same as before, but when i restarted the application, the value changed according to the storage that i'm using. Is there a way to make a real time calculation?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Storage Usage Calculation

Jump to solution

User usage quotas are asynchronously updated. During regular operations, Alfresco will collect "usage delta" values and at scheduled times (or during restarts) will aggregate the deltas into updated values on the user nodes. If you waited for a while without restarting Alfresco, you should also see the values change via admin tools.

Note though: The user usages are not necessarily a precise measurement of total storage usage, and as far as I know only account fo the sizes of the "current" versions of documents, not historic versions or archived elements.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kintu_barot

Jump to solution

Where are you checking the storage calculations on the share?

Regards,
Kintu
dzulfikriachmad

Jump to solution

I am checking it based on Usage by User in Admin Tools. The value doesn't change until i restart the application

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

User usage quotas are asynchronously updated. During regular operations, Alfresco will collect "usage delta" values and at scheduled times (or during restarts) will aggregate the deltas into updated values on the user nodes. If you waited for a while without restarting Alfresco, you should also see the values change via admin tools.

Note though: The user usages are not necessarily a precise measurement of total storage usage, and as far as I know only account fo the sizes of the "current" versions of documents, not historic versions or archived elements.