cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mboquillon
Member II

Storing data in Alfresco DB

Hi,

Is that possible to store any data in Alfresco ADF ?

After some research, I can't find doc about creating new table in Alfreco db, or to connect Alfresco to another database.

I find some stuff about MyBatis but no doc on how to use it with Alfresco.

Any idea ?

Thanks

7 Replies
eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

Re: Storing data in Alfresco DB

Not sure what you are trying to archive but ADF is an Angular component library to use the Alfresco API. If you are trying to use an Alfresco API this is the right place otherwise you need to create your custom Angular component

mboquillon
Member II

I understand what is ADF and yes I'm using Alfresco API. But I need to store other data in my project and I would like to know if it's possible or not to create a custom table in Alfresco DB or to create another DB and add a link to get data. 

Thanks

eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

This really depends on what you need to store. Can you please provide an example? 

mboquillon
Member II

For exemple : I need to store error log from another application we use, so that the user can find all informations in once. 

eugenio_romano
Alfresco Employee

I will create a different microservice, is not an Alfresco's technical concern this.

d_moeyersons
Customer

Hi Meryl,

Techniques that we use to store custom data in Alfresco:

• add custom metadata in existing objects/documents
  • empty content objects/datalists with custom metadata
  • json data files

There are several places on the Alfresco system, outside sites and inside sites where you can store data objects that are not directly visible for the end users.

It is possible to create custom models made for specific types of content & apply automation on it.

Best regards,

David.

mboquillon
Member II

Hi David,

Thanks for the advices !