Switch from AD LDAP authentication to local authentication keeping current users and history

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldavidmena
Customer

Re: Switch from AD LDAP authentication to local authentication keeping current users and history

Greetings from Cape Cod!

I have edited the authentication.chain variable in alfresco-global.properties to eliminate references to LDAP:

authentication.chain=alfrescoNtlm1:alfrescoNtlm

I am running Alfresco Content Services v4.2.6. After restarting alfresco, I was able to log in as "admin" and create a new user. Now the big task is to convert all of the LDAP users to local users while keeping the existing data and history. Is there a doc or a tutorial describing how this is done? When I search for a user under the "Manage System Users" section of the Administration Console, I can see their "Person Properties" and "User Properties", but I'm unable to change their password.

Thank you in advance!

@cristinamr wrote:

@adautofernandesyou have your answer on @afaust' post:

Theoretically, you should be able to deactivate/remove the LDAP-AD configuration 
(simplest way: remove it from authentication.chain property in alfresco-global.properties)
and after a restart should be allowed to set new passwords for these users in the Share UI.

Don't go directly into the database. Go though alfresco-global.properties and keep only ntlm authenticator on that line.

Cheers,

Cristina.

ryanmorgan
Member II

Re: Switch from AD LDAP authentication to local authentication keeping current users and history

Did you find a way to do this? I am on Alfresco 7.2 and having the same issue.

pauldavidmena
Customer

We never did make the switch, so we're continuing to authenticate to LDAP. Ultimately we will probably migrate to the Cloud version of Alfresco, but there's no timeframe as far as I know.

odtorres
Member II

//ContextLoader = Packages.org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader,
//ContextLoader.getCurrentWebApplicationContext().getBean(beanName, classType)
var authService = C.getBean('authenticationService', org.alfresco.service.cmr.security.MutableAuthenticationService);

var password = new String("pass");
var user = "user";

var ch = []
for (var i = 0; i < password.length; i++) {
     ch[i] = password.charAt(i);
}

if(authService.isAuthenticationMutable(user)){
	authService.setAuthentication(user,ch);
}else{
	authService.createAuthentication(user,ch);
}