Table Alf_server field IP_Address value is incorrect

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skushnerenko
Active Member II

Table Alf_server field IP_Address value is incorrect

On my Alfresco community 5.2.0 instance field IP_Address  of table  Alf_server has value  10.1.21.247, my real IP address is quite different.

Should I change the value of this field to my real IP address?

4 Replies
skushnerenko
Active Member II

Re: Table Alf_server field IP_Address value is incorrect

I have found that record with real IP was finally added to the table Alf_server.

But on another working alfresco instance there are two ip addresses in Alf_server., one real physical server IP and another 127.0.0.1 and both are used in alf_transaction.

What does it depends on, is localhost ip used or not in Alf_server?

jpotts
Professional

I don't have anything that will help you directly with your question, but I want to give you a word of warning: Any time you find yourself looking in the underlying database, you really should be questioning why you are doing that. The schema is proprietary, it could change without warning, and you should not be accessing it for any reason and you should definitely not be updating it.

You can change the host that Alfresco and Share use in alfresco-global.properties. Generally, this should match what the FQDN of the machine is.

skushnerenko
Active Member II

Thank you for the warning, I am really aware of consequences of updating alfresco database.

I just have to monitor any errors  in alfresco logs after alfresco instance migration to another server.

As for the 127.0.0.1 in Alf_server, it should really be the result of FQDN and network settings of the machine.

andy1

Hi

I suspect it is just down to Java and the code having a choice of several network interfaces. If there is a choice it will just be the first one. Some are not so useful. You can probably fix your machine configuration.

Andy