Tests of Alfresco Repository don't pass

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yussenn
Member II

Tests of Alfresco Repository don't pass

I clone the repo GitHub - Alfresco/alfresco-repository , I have modified nothing and 

when I execute "mvn clean install" the tests don't pass 

In the logs there is the next error:

org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Failed to obtain JDBC Connection;

Cannot create JDBC driver of class for connect URL

Do I need to do a configuration before execute "mvn clean install" ?

4 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Re: Tests of Alfresco Repository don't pass

There is almost no reason to be building Alfresco from source. If you are trying to customize Alfresco, use the SDK.

If you are trying to install/run Alfresco, download a pre-built package.

yussenn
Member II

I need to use Alfresco community with SQL server so I have to modify xml mappings in alfresco-repository, can I do that's in sdk or installing?

jpotts
Professional

Have you read through this thread?  

afaust
Master

You do not need to build alfresco-repository to add DB mappings for an alternative database. Even Alfresco does not do this for their support of MS SQL / Oracle / DB2. They bundle these additional mappings in a separate JAR. So Jeff's advice about using the SDK to build your extension is the best possible way. And as you may hopefully gleam from that other thread he linked to, you only need to provide the MS SQL specific mappings in a specific classpath location (bundled in your JAR) to be loaded based on the detected DB dialect (and inheritance from standard mappings). For MS SQL using the AlfrescoSQLServerDialect (dialect class already bundled in Community), the classpath location would be alfresco/ibatis/org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.dialect/ for mapping XMLs, and alfresco/dbscripts/create/org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.dialect/ as well as alfresco/dbscripts/update/org.alfresco.repo.domain.hibernate.dialect/ for bootstrapping SQL files.