The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs, must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leela
Active Member II

The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs, must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs

Hello All

Only in Consumer Role:

The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs,  must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs, so one can preview only not even select nor copy or paste the pdf content.

Kindly help

Regards

Leela N

4 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs, must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs

then you shouldn't provide pdf previews - because these actions are the advantages of the pdfs. Use Image previews instead... but I've never heard of such a usecase. If you can see a document, you can always copy it in some way - even if it's only a screen shot.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs, must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs

That is an option inside the PDF file itself.

One idea would be to have different versions for the same PDF file, one with the "copy text" function disabled (one of the Security options you can enable for a PDF) and the other one with the full permission, then you could make sure, by using permission, that the right users could only see the right version you want them to see.

Not a good approach, but better than nothing, I guess.

leela
Active Member II

Re: The Consumer must be restricted only to preview the pdfs,  must disable copy paste option inside the content of the pdfs

Hi,

Our repository is huge and this is not feasible solution, Kindly suggest any other ideas.

douglascrp
Advanced II

So, in that case, I guess the only option you have is to integrate a third-party previewer, like the ones bellow:

HTML5 Document Viewer & Document Conversion SDK | Snowbound Software 

IBM Daeja ViewONE - Overview - United States 

These kind of tools offer lots of advanced options, and I believe they offer what you need.