This document can't be previewed. Click here to download it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepreddy1
Active Member II

This document can't be previewed. Click here to download it.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I uploaded 350MB size video file in alfresco, i am facing preview issue. How to resolve this issue can anyone help me out please.

issue:  This document can't be previewed.Click here to download it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: This document can't be previewed. Click here to download it.

Jump to solution

First, realize that transformers have a size limit and a time limit. If the source file is too big or if it takes too long to transform, the transformation will not happen. These limits are configurable, but of course the bigger they are the more server resources you will consume.

If there is no support for your video type (MTS) out-of-the-box, you have two choices. If you are an Enterprise customer you can install Media Management (Installing Media Management | Alfresco Documentation). From there you may still have to define a transformer for MTS--I don't know if it is defined out-of-the-box with Media Management.

If you are not an Enterprise customer you will have to do it yourself. A good start would be to install ffmpeg (FFmpeg) on your server, then use it to define transformations that go from MTS to a format that is previewable (MPEG4?). You can search and find a lot of different discussion on installing and leveraging ffmpeg.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
calvo

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please, take a look:

File types that support preview and thumbnail generation | Alfresco Documentation 

Any message in the server logs?

Regards,

clv

sandeepreddy1
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Jose Angel Gonzalez Calvo,

Thank you for the reply,

No message in Server log.

sandeepreddy1
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the following link File types that support preview and thumbnail generation | Alfresco Documentation, I found only Images support extensions, i need Video support for preview videos in alfresco.

I uploaded .MTS file 

Can you please suggest me.

I am using alfresco community 5.2 (201611)

jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

First, realize that transformers have a size limit and a time limit. If the source file is too big or if it takes too long to transform, the transformation will not happen. These limits are configurable, but of course the bigger they are the more server resources you will consume.

If there is no support for your video type (MTS) out-of-the-box, you have two choices. If you are an Enterprise customer you can install Media Management (Installing Media Management | Alfresco Documentation). From there you may still have to define a transformer for MTS--I don't know if it is defined out-of-the-box with Media Management.

If you are not an Enterprise customer you will have to do it yourself. A good start would be to install ffmpeg (FFmpeg) on your server, then use it to define transformations that go from MTS to a format that is previewable (MPEG4?). You can search and find a lot of different discussion on installing and leveraging ffmpeg.