cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peer
Member II

Thumbnails missing for .jpg and .mp4

Dear All,

Somehow I lost the thumbnails for .jpg and .mp4 files on a fresh install of Alfresco Community 6.1.1.

alfresco.log:

ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.magick.ImageMagickContentTransformerWorker] [http-nio-8080-exec-9] Remote ImageMagick is not available for transformations. 06210022 Remote ImageMagick check failed to connect or to read the response
ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.magick.ImageMagickContentTransformerWorker] [http-nio-8080-exec-13] Remote ImageMagick is not available for transformations. 06210021 Remote ImageMagick check failed to connect or to read the response

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Peter

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Thumbnails missing for .jpg and .mp4

The proper Community version is 6.1.2 GA. 6.1.1 was a kind of preview build (without being properly marked as a preview build), and could even have been built from an Enterprise preview / development branch, which at that point no longer container the local transformers, as Alfresco was in the process of changing the way transformations are done in Alfresco 6.1

Please use a proper 6.1.2 GA Docker-based installation and recheck transformations.

Peer
Member II

Re: Thumbnails missing for .jpg and .mp4

Hi afaust,

Thank you for your help. I am new to Alfresco and used the Loftux script (not docker) which resulted in v6.1.1. I can tweak that script though to get more up-to-date versions of the software involved. I was using a script for installation because I think first installation is quite intimidating inspite the extensive Alfresco docs...

After I posted my question I found out that I made a configuration error in the Loftux limitconvert.sh script. After correcting thumbnails for .jpg were back but not for .mp4.

I'll follow your advice to install a newer version. Yet I am not very font of docker in a production environment. Is there any other script you would recommend?

Regards,

Peter