Translation of Share main menu don't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedorow
Senior Member II

Translation of Share main menu don't work

After installation of language pack Home, My Files, Shared Files, Sites and Tasks of share header menu is still in English. People and Repository translates properly into web browser language. Other parts of user interface are translated to.

I test Ukrainian and Albanian. Alfresco 6.1 / 6.0 (docker-compose) / 5.2 (local installation). Translation on Alfresco translations in Crowdin has made.

I take alfresco_xx.jar and share_xx.jar files from translation.alfresco.com and put it to $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/ and $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/share/WEB-INF/lib/ into appropriate docker container. This path described in Language Packs article. Jar files placed into tomcat/shared/lib don't works.

3 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Translation of Share main menu don't work

Did you try to change the language of the browser?

fedorow
Senior Member II

The problem is differances of Aikau versions in Alfresco language packs and in new docker images. 

Problem describe on Alfresco Translators Google Groups: Changes to translation process. Script Build_i18n.sh don't help me, jar-es loose some files.

So I:

• check version of my aikau in $TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/share/WEB-INF/lib/aikau-1.0.101.16.jar,
  • download jars from Alfresco language packs
  • and rename last directory in share-uk.jar\META-INF\js\aikau\1.0.101.3 to my 1.0.101.16.

Good luck!

upforsin

As for the Alfresco 7.1 -  this workaround still works but the Aikau version is 1.0.113

I wonder if in the future Aikau releases this bug (version in directory name) will be fixed.

howkymike
Alfresco Developer