Trouble getting started with Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 GA and Docker

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcorsello
Member II

Trouble getting started with Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 GA and Docker

I've been using Alfresco Community Edition for years on MacOS and Linux.  My last successful deployment was ver. 5.0.a on MacOS Sierra.  I recently updated to High Sierra, and as expected this broke Alfresco.  Unfortunately, I failed to do due dilligence before the upgrade, and moved forward believing that an upgrade to the latest version of Alfresco would be similar to past upgrades.

I have now tried to install Alfresco 6.2 GA using Docker on MacOS High Sierra and Windows 10 without success.  The "docker-compose up" script runs for hours without completing.  It's getting hung up when these warnings are logged:

solr6_1 | 2020-04-01 19:32:14.989 WARN (Thread-12) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.h.c.AlfrescoSolrClusteringComponent No default engine for document clustering.
solr6_1 | 2020-04-01 19:32:15.951 WARN (Thread-12) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.c.Config XML parse warning in "solrres:/solrconfig.xml", line 1919, column 88: Include operation failed, reverting to fallback. Resource error reading file as XML (href='solrconfig_insight.xml'). Reason: Can't find resource 'solrconfig_insight.xml' in classpath or '/opt/alfresco-search-services/solrhome/archive'
solr6_1 | 2020-04-01 19:40:26.716 WARN (Thread-12) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.h.c.AlfrescoSolrClusteringComponent No default engine for document clustering.
solr6_1 | 2020-04-01 19:40:27.881 WARN (searcherExecutor-7-thread-1-processing-x:alfresco) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.c.SolrContentStore /opt/alfresco-search-services/contentstore will be used as a default path if solr.content.dir property is not defined
solr6_1 | 2020-04-01 19:40:27.881 WARN (searcherExecutor-21-thread-1-processing-x:alfresco) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.c.SolrContentStore /opt/alfresco-search-services/contentstore will be used as a default path if solr.content.dir property is not defined

It was recommended in this thread that the "Can't find resource 'solrconfig_insight.xml'" warning can be resolved by using a different download of the .yml file from GitHub.  I downloaded that version, compared it to the file I had downloaded previously, and found that it differed only in the versions of several images;  in my original download, alfresco-pdf-renderer, imagemagick, libreoffice, tika and transform-misc were all version 2.1.0, and in the new .yml, they are all verion 2.1.1.  Running "docker-compose up" against the newer file gives the same results.  It looks like the first failed container I tried to remove might not have been removed completely, because the reinstall script reported that a number of files already existed.

Any suggestions on how to correct the errors and get a successful install?

2 Replies
narkuss
Established Member II

Re: Trouble getting started with Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 GA and Docker

I'd say this is not the main error. Does all containers start up properly? Can you acces to alfresco, share, solr and t-engines?

Also, check this project to get a working docker-compose file.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Trouble getting started with Alfresco Community Edition 6.2 GA and Docker

Hi @dcorsello,

I installed 6.2 ga on my Mac this week using the script @narkuss referred to.  The only issues I encountered were:

1. inadequate write permissions for npm
  2. sock:connect connection refused  - see the final comment on how to resolve this issue.

After that, everything seems to be fine.

docker-compose up gets everything up and running

docker ps to see the containers

docker-compose stop - stops everything w/o destroying the containers. docker-compose -start starts it all up again.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!