Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fameur55

Trouble with Solr does not communicate with Alfresco secureComms=secret

Hi There,

I have a proble starting Solr 6 i alwas get the error

====

2022-08-25 15:16:44.901 WARN (coreLoadExecutor-6-thread-2) [ x:archive] o.a.s.h.c.ClusteringComponent No default engine for document clustering.
2022-08-25 15:16:44.979 ERROR (searcherExecutor-7-thread-1-processing-x:alfresco) [ x:alfresco] o.a.s.c.SolrCore null:java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing value for alfresco.secureComms.secret configuration property. Make sure to pass this property as a JVM Argument (eg. -Dalfresco.secureComms.secret=my-secret-value).
at org.alfresco.solr.security.SecretSharedPropertyCollector.getSecret(SecretSharedPropertyCollector.java:163)
at org.alfresco.solr.security.SecretSharedPropertyCollector.completeCoreProperties(SecretSharedPropertyCollector.java:199)
at org.alfresco.solr.lifecycle.SolrCoreLoadListener.newSearcher(SolrCoreLoadListener.java:119)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.lambda$getSearcher$15(SolrCore.java:2249)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

2022-08-25 15:16:44.980 ERROR (searcherExecutor-8-thread-1-processing-x:archive) [ x:archive] o.a.s.c.SolrCore null:java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing value for alfresco.secureComms.secret configuration property. Make sure to pass this property as a JVM Argument (eg. -Dalfresco.secureComms.secret=my-secret-value).
at org.alfresco.solr.security.SecretSharedPropertyCollector.getSecret(SecretSharedPropertyCollector.java:163)
at org.alfresco.solr.security.SecretSharedPropertyCollector.completeCoreProperties(SecretSharedPropertyCollector.java:199)
at org.alfresco.solr.lifecycle.SolrCoreLoadListener.newSearcher(SolrCoreLoadListener.java:119)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.lambda$getSearcher$15(SolrCore.java:2249)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:229)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

====

SecureComms=secret 

and i la sharinf the password between Alfresco and solr i defined the same PW in alfresco and archive solrcore.properties

Any Help 

Tha

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Trouble with Solr does not communicate with Alfresco secureComms=secret

"Missing value for alfresco.secureComms.secret configuration property. Make sure to pass this property as a JVM Argument (eg. -Dalfresco.secureComms.secret=my-secret-value)."

You need to pass the value as JVM argument, using the solrcore.properties for it is not allowed.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
crisdev13
Active Member II

sir when using https is is required to pass the value of secret? please responce sir ty

crisdev13
Active Member II

sir where do you need to config this in alfresco-global.properties or in docker-compose.yml? if im using https do i need to config this? please reply sir