Unable to upload file in alfresco via cifs on a folder which has rule applied in it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manav
Active Member II

Unable to upload file in alfresco via cifs on a folder which has rule applied in it.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am using alfresco community 5.2 and windows 10. My requirement is to save document directly in alfresco by doing Save As from any windows application and rename it on the basis of certain criteria. To satisfy this, I have create a rule to execute a script that will rename the document when it is created in folder. And also enabled CIFS in alfresco and mapped it as network drive. But when I try to save my document to that folder it giving error "You don’t have permission to modify files in this network location.Contact the administrator per permission to make these changes."

To debug my problem I tried by uploading the document directly from alfresco share and It is getting renamed successfully.

I also tried by disabling rule on the folder then saved the document from windows and it is getting saved in alfresco.

And again if I enable my rule, it is giving the same permission error.

I have attached screenshot of my problem and the test script created by me just to test rename.

It is appreciable if anyone would help me to solve this problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Unable to upload file in alfresco via cifs on a folder which has rule applied in it.

Jump to solution

Combining name changing rules with CIFS is a very bad idea. When using CIFS, the client will verify the existence of the file after uploading, and since you are renaming it, it cannot find it. This is likely to generate errors, potentially the one you are seeing.

Also be aware that Alfresco will be removing support for CIFS / SMB in one of the next versions, and WIndows 10 is about to receive an update that will disable the SMBv1 protocol on which the CIFS / SMB feature of Alfresco relies, so CIFS will no longer be supported.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Unable to upload file in alfresco via cifs on a folder which has rule applied in it.

Jump to solution

Combining name changing rules with CIFS is a very bad idea. When using CIFS, the client will verify the existence of the file after uploading, and since you are renaming it, it cannot find it. This is likely to generate errors, potentially the one you are seeing.

Also be aware that Alfresco will be removing support for CIFS / SMB in one of the next versions, and WIndows 10 is about to receive an update that will disable the SMBv1 protocol on which the CIFS / SMB feature of Alfresco relies, so CIFS will no longer be supported.